Decision Making Problem Solving
business and finance homework
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· All students are encouraged to use their own word.
· Student must apply Harvard Referencing Style within their reports.
· Student is allowed to cite 10% from the word limit (2000 word limit means 200 words can be cited).
· A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it
1. Suppose you are Sales Manager for Almarai-L’usine division. It has product such as Cup Cakes, muffins, croissant, Bread, Burger, Buns and Sandwich Rolls. Sales in your department are low. Overall revenue is down. And the big boss wants to know why. As the sales manager, it’s up to you to get to the bottom of the issue, to make changes, and to fix the problem so that your sales team doesn’t fall short of its goals. Define the problem and determine the root cause of the problem by using the 5 Whys?
Define the Problem:
2. “You Are manager in a large commercial bank. You discover that Lucy, a loan of?cer who reports to you, has forged an approval signature on a customer loan that requires signatures from two loan of?cers. When you confront Lucy with the forgery, she apologizes profusely and says that her husband has been very ill. The day she forged the signature, he was going into surgery and she just didn’t have time to ?nd another loan of?cer to sign the authorization for the loan. Lucy has been with your bank for 15 years and has a spotless record.”
What is the ethical issue in the above case? As a manager what decision you will take for the problem and what are the steps you follow for implementing decision?
3. “Critical thinking is the opposite of creative thinking.” Do you agree? Identify the differences between both. Provide examples of why you agree or disagree.