36292 Topic: week 1 journal 6650
36292 Topic: week 1 journal 6650
Number of Pages: 4 (Double Spaced)
Number of sources: 4
Writing Style: APA
Type of document: Essay
Academic Level:High School
Language Style: English (U.S.)
Order Instructions: Attached
In preparation for this course’s practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
• Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in psychotherapy.
Note: For guidance on nursing and counseling theories, refer to this week’s Learning Resources.
• Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
• Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course.
• Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
Please use some of the readings as references or ones that are less than 5 years old
• Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer. o Chapter 11, “Group Therapy” (pp. 407–428) • Nichols, M. (2014). The essentials of family therapy (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson. o Chapter 1, “The Foundations of Family Therapy” (pp. 1– 6) o Chapter 2, “The Evolution of Family Therapy” (pp. 7–28) • Breeskin, J. (2011). Procedures and guidelines for group therapy. The Group Psychologist, 21(1). Retrieved from http://www.apadivisions.org/division49/publications/newsletter/group-psychologist/2011/04/groupprocedures.aspx
© 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 2 of 32
Week 1 Legal and Ethical Considerations for Group and Family Therapy • Khawaja, I. S., Pollock, K., & Westermeyer, J. J. (2011). The diminishing role of psychiatry in group psychotherapy: A commentary and recommendations for change. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience, 8(11), 20–23. Retrieved from http://innovationscns.com/
• Koukourikos, K., & Pasmatzi, E. (2014). Group therapy in psychotic inpatients. Health Science Journal, 8(3), 400–408. Retrieved from http://www.hsj.gr/medicine/group-therapy-in- psychotic-inpatients.php?aid=2644
• Lego, S. (1998). The application of Peplau's theory to group psychotherapy. Journal of Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing, 5(3), 193–196. doi:10.1046/j.1365- 2850.1998.00129.x
• McClanahan, K. K. (2014). Can confidentiality be maintained in group therapy? Retrieved from http://nationalpsychologist.com/2014/07/can-confidentiality-be- maintained-in-group-therapy/102566.html
• U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (2014). HIPAA privacy rule and sharing information related to mental health. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/ocr/privacy/hipaa/underst anding/special/mhguidancepdf.pdf
• Document: Practicum Journal Template
• Document: Midterm Exam Study Guide
• Document: Final Exam Study Guide
• Laureate Education (Producer). (2015). Microskills: Family counseling techniques [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
• Sommers, G., Feldman, S., & Knowlton, K. (Producers). (2008a). Legal and ethical issues for mental health professionals, volume 1: Confidentiality, privilege, reporting, and duty to warn [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
© 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 3 of 32