Discussion Questions - Improving Processes and Process Design
business and finance homework
Improving Processes and Process Design
1. Coca-Cola is a well-established consumer products company with a strong position in the global market. The sales of its core soda products have remained relatively stable for decades, yet the company has continued to grow and has remained extremely profitable. Discuss Coca-Cola’s history in light of the statement that “generating a steady stream of new products to market is extremely important to competitiveness.” Does Coca-Cola’s success disprove that statement? Is the company an exception to the rule or an example of its application?
2. Explain PRODUCT DESIGN CRITERIA
3. How Does Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) Work?
4. Class, I know we have all heard the term about having a learning curve when we start a new job or implement a new product or service. Let's take a look at learning curves. Let's discuss the following: How might the following business specialists use learning curves: accountants, marketers, financial analysts, personnel managers, and computer programmers?
5. What relationship is there between learning curves and productivity measurement?
6. What relationship is there between learning curves and capacity analysis? Do you think learning curve analysis has an application in a service business like a restaurant? Why or why not?
Respond to one or more of the following prompts in one to two paragraphs:
7. Provide citation and reference to the material(s) you discuss. Describe what you found interesting regarding this topic, and why.
8. Describe how you will apply that learning in your daily life, including your work life.
9. Describe what may be unclear to you, and what you would like to learn.